Welcome to my wonderful world of craziness! I hope you can come along for the ride and enjoy the humor, sadness, happiness, and excitement that goes on in my crazy Escher family household!







Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Getting closer....

Wow, we've been so busy these past few weeks that I can barely keep up with my thoughts!! Owen started his new school yesterday and he did fine. I think he had an overwhelming day, because he didn't divulge a ton of information. I think he was tired from all the 'newness.' He will be coming home soon, so I'll have to see if I can get anymore info out of him!!

We are slowly, but surely, settling into our new house. We still have a ton of boxes in the garage, but I'm hoping to keep a lot of them in there. I don't want to pack up all that crap again in a few months!! I will just keep our 'neccessities' in the house! I must say, this house is soooo static-y (is that a word??) that we have 4 humidifiers going all the time!! And I still get shocked everytime I get off the couch! Oh, well. It's part of Minnesota winters, right?

I also just got done buying a bunch of new scrapbooking stuff!! When Jeff is gone, I plan on trying to catch up on my scrapbooks. We will see if I actually get anything accomplished!! I also just ordered myself some new (used) books that I've always wanted to read. You know, like the classics?! So..........having 4 kids, scrapbooking, new books, all my tv shows, 2 online college classes, and no working.......perhaps I will be able to keep myself occupied while Jeff is gone?!

He leaves in 22 days........WOW! That's only 3 weeks away. Sometimes it feels real and sometimes it doesn't. I have so much I want to do before he leaves, but I'm sure I won't get it all accomplished. This is going to be hard going from working part-time to being home all the time. I will need to find things to do to keep me from losing my mind!! I was actually just looking at some Community Ed. classes that I could sign the kids up in. It would be good for them to have something fun to do while daddy is away. I hope they adjust okay. I have no idea how often we will be able to talk to Jeff, so I don't know how the kids will take it.

Well, I should probably go get ready for one of my last shifts at work. I think I will only work 6 more shifts and then I'll be done. That's crazy! So much change in such a short time!

~Rachelle

1 comment:

  1. Its going to be a total life change for you guys with Jeff gone! Wow! you're braver than I am! I'd lose my mind, I think!!!!
    I wish you all the best!! We should try to get together some time while Jeff is gone, introduce the kiddos, and catch up!!!

    ReplyDelete