Welcome to my wonderful world of craziness! I hope you can come along for the ride and enjoy the humor, sadness, happiness, and excitement that goes on in my crazy Escher family household!







Sunday, June 13, 2010

12 days until Jeff comes home!


I can't believe it!!  We are almost done with the first leg of our Army journey!!  When Jeff gets home, he will have been gone for exactly 4 months!  He comes home on June 25th and I cannot wait!  Of course, with the Army, anything is possible and  things can change at the drop of a hat........but, as of right now......Jeff will come home on June 25th........be here for 10 days with us.......then go to our duty station alone to check in (which is still up in the air at the moment...go figure!)......then he will *attempt* to take a 10 day leave to come home and get us and drive to our new duty station together.  That's the plan, anyway.  But, we don't even know where the heck we're going......so who knows?!?  I've learned that with the Army, nothing is official until it actually happens!  Ugh! 

Yesterday was the first day one of the kids broke down and cried because daddy isn't here.  Cleo busted out bawling when she saw a picture of daddy.  I felt so bad!!  Honestly, I'm surprised we've all made it this long without MORE breakdowns and crying spells!!  So, she talked to Jeff on the phone tonight.  She said to him, "Maybe I miss you I think."  It was so cute.  She can be a shit, but she can be so sweet, too.  I know all the kids are super excited to see daddy!!  The end is finally in sight......well, the end of THIS phase.  Then, the REAL journey will begin!  EEEEEEKKKK!

Okay, can I say, I have the super coolest mom of all moms!?!  She came over last night to watch the kiddos so I could get out of my house and hang out with some great friends!  It was very much appreciated and very much needed!!  I have been going crazy in this house!  I went out to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings with Katie, Marissa, and Denise.  We ate some good food, drank some good drinks, and shared some great laughs!  Then we went back to Marissa's garage to drink a few more beers and have a few more laughs!  In fact, I brought my camera and I found some silly pics on it today!  Katie and I swapped cameras for a bit and I found a ton of hideous pics of myself!?!  (Thanks Katie!)







The above pics are some of the 'highlights' of the evening!  It's so nice to get out with the girls and laugh and have fun and not worry about being a mom and paying the bills and missing my hubby.  I got to be.........well, me!  So, thanks to the girls for making it a fun night and thank you to my wonderful mother for offering to stay at my house with my chickens!  I know the kids had lots of fun with Grandma, too!!  :) 

It's kind of weird, because I've had so many things going through my mind lately, but I feel like I have nothing to say!?!  How does that work??  Me, not having anything to say??  I'm sure I'll have lots more to say later this week (assuming we find out where the heck we're going to be moving?)  Eh, all I can do is wait........I'm so impatient!  I think I will sign out now, before I just start writing weird random things that have nothing to do with anything!  Ha Ha!  I know I planned on writing on this blog a lot more often......I've been terrible at it.  But, I WILL write more when I find out what state possesses our future home!  I think I'm just tired.  Perhaps when I have a clear mind I will write something that's actually interesting!  For now, I bid you adieu........

~Rachelle

No comments:

Post a Comment